Fixed Term Contract: June 2016 – February 2017
Purpose of this role:
To resource the Hotel with talented and skilled employees and to facilitate the smooth exit of terminated employees.
Minimum Experience and Qualification Required:
- 2 years human resources administrative experience or relevant Human Resources qualification.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel
- Thorough understanding of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Labour Relations Act and other relevant labour legislation
- Highly presentable
- Excellent command of the English language with solid verbal and written communication skills
Advantageous Experience and Qualification Desired:
- Experience within a 5* Hotel operation
- Exposure to VIP Payroll and NetTime Sheet
- Fluency in Xhosa and/or Afrikaans
Key Performance Objectives:
- To resource the Hotel according to the operational needs of each department by:
- Overseeing the recruitment administration by advertising vacancies; coordinating and screening applications; arranging interviews; extending offers and communicating regrets; in accordance with company guidelines.
- Managing the predictive index website ensuring that folders are organised and up to date in accordance with company guidelines; and using the site to conduct behavioural screening of recruitment candidates.
- Ensuring that a personnel file is opened for each new recruit and that file is kept up to date with all statutory documentation including work permissions as well as leave, disciplinary, communication planner, training, and any other important communication from the company.
- Ensuring that, where applicable, the employee contact list is updated with new starter/promoted employee details.
- Coordinating the pre-start orientation phase for every new starter/promoted employee in accordance with company guidelines.
- Screening and recruiting high-quality students and interns through the establishment and nurturing of strong links with relevant hotel schools / colleges / academies ensuring the hotel is seen as a destination of first choice for graduates.
- Designing, coordinating and communicating the student and intern schedules, including the management program interns’ schedules and work files.
- Compiling a monthly recruitment report detailing recruitment trends and statistics in accordance with the directive of the human resources manager.
- Ensuring that there is an effective system for holding information on candidates for future consideration for employment through the maintenance of the succession plan and the recruitment database.
- To facilitate the smooth exit of terminated employees by:
- Coordinating the documentation for all termination packs ensuring that employees receive their packs within two working days of receipt of their resignation or of confirmation of their dismissals.
- Conducting a thorough exit interview with every voluntary termination within 48 hours of receipt of their resignation.
- Ensuring that personnel files are updated with all termination paperwork and moved to the hr storeroom until the end of the audit process of the relevant year, before moving it over to metrofile in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensuring that, where relevant, the 12a employee contact list is updated with the removal of terminated employee details.
- Compiling a monthly turnover report detailing turnover trends and statistics in accordance with the directive of the human resources manager.
- To coordinate and minute the Monthly Health and Safety meeting