We are looking for a socially focused team player with high attention to detail who can operate in a constantly changing environment under pressure to welcome guests and see to their needs throughout their stay.
Minimum Experience and Qualification Required:
- Grade 12
- Hospitality Diploma or Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a 5* Hotel or 1 years’ experience in a Front Office environment
- Highly computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of a Property Management System at Operator Level; exposure to Opera advantageous
- Highly presentable
- Excellent command of the English language with solid verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in a European language
- Fluency in South African local language other than English
- International travel experience advantageous
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work shifts, week-ends and public holidays
Key Performance Objectives:
- To enhance the guest stay by welcoming them and facilitating any special requirements; by planning and coordinating their itinerary where needed; ensuring the best service providers are used for an exceptional service experience.
- Ensure that all guest information relating to the guest experience and their service expectation are clearly communicated to all relevant parties within the Hotel.
- Ensuring that their cash is accurately managed and fully accounted for at all times.
- Ensure that all administrative duties related to the position are preformed accurately and timeously ensuring that guest profiles are correctly updated; credit card authorisations are accurate; also ensuring to follow-up on all open folios, paymasters as well as the finalising of group accounts.
- Promote the interval service providers (e.g. restaurant and spa) as a priority over external service providers.
- Ensuring that every revenue-generating opportunity is fully exploited in a discreet manner through suggestive selling.
- Ensuring day-to-day guest services such as fax handling, wake-up calls etc al handled timeously and accurately.