As Mother’s Day approaches this Sunday in South Africa, the team at the Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa have shared some of their favourite ways to be treated or to treat.
Remember though, you don’t need to wait for Mother’s Day ever year to show your mother you love her!
1. Sometimes simple is still the best and what mom wouldn’t appreciate a big, beautiful flower arrangement with a handmade card from her loved ones.
2. A delicious breakfast in bed can be included with the flowers and card to make mom’s day extra special. Make this a relaxing time for mom, play some music and make sure she has her favourite book or magazines on hand to enjoy with breakfast.
3. If you’d prefer to stay out of the kitchen and leave it to the experts, then Azure at The Twelve Apostles Hotel offers one of the best breakfasts in town, including oysters and sparkling wine!
4. Chocolates, chocolates, chocolates! Pull out all the stops and buy your mom an exceptional box of either Swiss or Belgian chocolates, she’ll love you forever.
5. Because she’s worth it, treat mom to a day at The Spa at The Twelve Apostles with a great package including a glass of sparkling wine, mini manicure or pedicure, a back, neck and shoulder massage and a steam session with exfoliation.
6. What woman doesn’t love a shopping spree? Take your mom shopping before Mother’s Day so that she can enjoy all the purchases on her special day.
7. Take your mom on a holiday, she deserves it. Whether it’s a weekend down the coast or an overseas adventure, she will never forget the experience.
8. Treasure the moment and frame a family portrait. You can either make an occasion out of it and have a professional photo taken or look for a family photo and have it enlarged and framed.
9. Spoil your mom with a specially prepared lunch buffet at the Azure Restaurant at The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa. Not only will she enjoy a delicious lunch but she’ll also receive a gift from the spa and the chef to take home she’ll stand a chance to win a bottle of Moët & Chandon French Champagne!
10. Tell your mom you love her and remind her how much she means to you.