As one of the most romantic cities in the world, Cape Town is a blissful destination for loving couples. Who better to ask for the Top 10 Romantic Things to do in the Mother City than our man in the know, The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa’s Concierge Dale Scholtz – you can tick them off one by one!
- Have a picnic at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. The gardens are renowned for being one of the best picnic spots in the world, and rightly so – surrounded by indigenous flora and fauna, gazing up at the mountains, it’s an incredible setting.
- A trip with the cable car up to the top of Table Mountain. Affording 360-degree views over Cape Town and the ocean, this iconic landmark (and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World) is the perfect location from which to sweep that special someone off their feet.
- Take a scenic drive along the legendary Chapman’s Peak in a vintage convertible, enjoying the fresh salty air and breathtaking views.
- Enjoy the luxury of an exclusive private yacht for an hour, whisking you along the Atlantic seaboard before dropping anchor at Clifton Beach for bubbles and canapés.
- Venture out of the city and take off in a Hot Air Balloon, in the beautiful wine regions of Paarl and Stellenbosch.
- Visit the Cape Point Nature Reserve and climb to the top of the old lighthouse, looking into the distance where the Indian and the Atlantic Ocean meet.
- Spoil yourself and your other half with a scenic Helicopter flight from the The Twelve Apostles Hotel’s own helipad, around the Peninsula. It is an exhilarating experience, offering you the perfect bird’s eye perspective of Cape Town.
- Enjoy a leisurely wine tasting and cellar door lunch at one of the many prestigious wine farms in the Constantia Valley – Cape Town’s very own vineyard.
- Book a couples’ treatment in one of The Twelve Apostles Hotel’s outdoor Spa Mountain Gazebos. The Gazebos’ unique location, between the majestic Twelve Apostles mountain range and the crashing waves of the Atlantic Ocean, ensures that a treatment there is an exclusive and highly romantic experience.
- Last but not least – The Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa has the honour of offering the longest hours of sunshine of any five-star hotel in Cape Town. Take full advantage of this fact by booking a table for sundowners on The Leopard Bar’s terrace – ideally followed by a romantic dinner à deux in our beautiful Azure Restaurant.
For further recommendations on any of the above, please don’t hesitate to speak to myself or one of my colleagues!